Saturday, June 10, 2017

Your Story Matters

"Share your story with someone. You never know how one sentence of your life story could inspire someone to rewrite their own." ~Demi Lovato 


I keep telling myself that I want to write more and deep down in my heart-that is the truth. But when I sit down to write, something keeps me from sharing my words. I feel like my words are not good enough, that other people write so much better than I do. I feel like my story will not make a difference. I feel like other people have already talked about this, so why do I feel the need to share the same thing. I feel inadequate and not confident in my writing.

However, I have learned over the past few months that ALL stories matter. That everyone has a story to share and the world is not the same if people do not speak what is hidden deep in their heart. There is a beauty and a freedom that comes from sharing your story with the world. I recently went to a speaking series at a church called "Spotlights" and it was all about the power of telling others your story. That stories do matter, that the world becomes a much better place when people are able to speak out loud what it is that makes them who they are. That people come alive when they are sharing their stories with others. When we share our stories, it gives other people the COURAGE to share theirs.

So I am going to give myself space to write. I may never publish the blogs I write or I may never actually write a whole book and get that published. But I do not want to feel like I am being silent because I can't believe in the power of my story. Life is so short, to not do what your heart is passionate about. I do not want to wake up a few hears from now and really wish I had blogged more or actually finished that book I've always wanted to write. 

So the moral of the story is....SHARE your story. Be vulnerable. Be open. The world is depending on you to share your story. If you do not feel like you have a story, you do. Dig deep, find your voice and then share it with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment