Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Power of Fear

Fear is real. Everyone experiences different forms of fear. Real fear that something really bad is going to happen or will happen or silly fear, like fear of spiders or fear during scary movies but a lot of people are driven by their fear that something bad will happen. I sometimes struggle with the fear that love ones are going to leave me or pass away suddenly, and I always have a fear that I'm letting people down when I say "no" to things. My silly fears are ALL BUGS, any scary or suspenseful movies or T.V. Shows, fear of tripping or falling (and if you know me well enough you would understand why).

I feel like fear is a really strong emotion that I face on a daily basis. Some of them are the real fears and some the silly fears but I want to take a moment to talk about how much fear can affect our daily lives. Deacon Dennis from St. Brigid wrote in our bulletin this weekend all about fear and it really got me thinking especially because I am a Christian and believe in external life. He says

 "What do we really have to fear? As Christians we believe that this life is temporary. We are made for something more, something unimaginably wonderful in this life to come. A peace and joy that will last forever when we are in the presence of our Creator"

WOAH- this is amazing! And really made me think, why am I driven by fear??....God has a plan for me and I just need to TRUST in Him and His promises and stop constantly living in fear and worry every day. Sometimes this is easy to say and harder to do, but to truly be a Christian I have to stop living in fear and BELIEVE that i was made for something MORE and that it is UNIMAGINABLY wonderful...I feel like there is not much to say about that...the words speak for themselves.

This is a year of changes for me, and I am working on a lot of things...and fear having control over me is something that I am working on changing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment