Friday, January 17, 2014

Do I really want to lose weight? YES!




I have joined weight watchers over 6 or 7 times throughout my life. I started back in high school and joined with my mom. She has been such a great influence on my life and has been one of my number 1 supporters. She has always called and given me tips, suggestions, recipes, success stories and encouragement!! I am thankful that she would go with me to weight watchers and would always celebrate with me when I have lost weight. She has also encouraged me when I have gained weight or not lost any weight or when I have decided to stop weight watchers for yet another time. I am very thankful for her and for introducing me to Weight Watchers so many years ago! I love you Mom!




I still am unsure as to why I ever stopped going to weight watchers because it works and helps me still have a life be successful in my weight loss. But for whatever reason I would lose some weight and feel good and then just quit going. However, the program has stuck with me and when I would get desperate I would join lose some weight and start feeling good but then something internally would just make me quit. My eating is very emotional, I have always been a stress and emotional eater. Whenever I am having a bad day or a bad moment I would always turn to food to try and feel better. It just turned into a vicious cycle of eating to feel better and then feeling bad because I ate so much or so bad. It has only taken me 26 years to realize this about myself but now that I do. I can make the changes necessary to lose this weight for good and feel GREAT about myself.

Once I realized that this is something that I really wanted and could achieve with hard work and dedication-it was on. Something inside of me was sparked and I realized I was done with excuses and reasons as to why I could not do it and am just going to do it. That is why I turned to Weight Watchers again last year- and was doing pretty well lost a lot of weight the first couple weeks was down about 10 pounds and feeling good and then I had a bad day or a bad meal and just fell right back into the cycle and stopped weighing in. With the combination of a lot of health problems, rising medical bills, and just feeling sorry for myself I started eating a lot of fast food and comfort food to help me feel better but when it started to make me feel worse I knew I needed to make a change and I needed to make it fast. 


 That brings us to the present day and I went to my first meeting in quite a few months last night and it was the best thing for me. I have always heard that you lose more weight when you actually attend the meetings but I would make every excuse in the book as to why I couldn't make a meeting when in all actuality that was really dumb. I am so glad I went last night- not only is it a great place to go I love that no matter what our sizes or struggles are we can come together and love and support each other through this process. Its a great place to throw ideas out that help people lose weight and make healthy choices. It is also a place to come and celebrate weight loss and meeting weight loss goals!! Last night I got a 5 pound sticker because I lost 5.4 pounds last week!! 

 

My next goal is to get to 10%  of my weight loss goal and then I can get a nifty 10% key chain. I have not received one through all my years of going to weight watchers and I am really determined to get there. 11 more pounds to lose to get there!! I know I can do it in the next couple of weeks and I am not going to stop until I get it! :) My mom has had one for years and I have always been really jealous but know I can do it! 
 

10% key chain! I am coming for you! :) 

I am going to share one item or food that is really helping me lose weight on each post. Last post I talked about the fit bit. It is AWESOME! :) If you are wanting to lose weight or are just trying to be more active this is something for you.

I bought a new Weight Watcher's Tumbler last night at the meeting and I love it. I don't LOVE drinking water so when I find something I really like and can use all the time and I know exactly how much water I am drinking I am all for it. I love the color too and the fact that it has a straw. They are brand new and awesome! They are $12.95











No comments:

Post a Comment