Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What a journey...



I knew this was going to be a journey. I knew that starting a weight loss journey would be challenging, hard, emotional, freeing, loving, encouraging and the list could go on and on. The one word that sticks out the most in this list is EMOTIONAL. Now most of you that know me that are reading this will probably laugh because if you could describe me in one word most people who chose EMOTIONAL. I used to get discouraged and frustrated that I was so emotional because I thought it was a sign of weakness. Well my friends being emotional is NOT a sign of weakness it is a sign of STRENGTH. This realization has taken me a long time to understand and figure out what that means for me.


So i have been one this particular journey for a few months- some months were good and i was dedicated to losing the weights and some months I was having bad months and would gain back the weight I have lost. I have done that PLENTY of times before but this time is different I AM DONE YO-YO DIETING FOR GOOD! I knew I needed to get to this point on my own and when my own heart was ready to change. I have been ready for a while but there was still something holding me back. I now want this weight loss for ME. I don't want to lose weight so others will like me, think I am attractive, help me find a spouse,etc. I want this FOR ME! I am not sure what exactly was holding me back, still working through that- I think I have an idea but my heart is still fragile to talk about that.

I had heard a quote before that says something like, "It's not about the destination, it is about the journey" and I used to think that quote was dumb because the only reason to go on a journey is because of the final destination-but in all actuality there is a lot of truth to this quote. This will be a journey and will continue to be a journey even when I meet my final goal (destination) of losing 100 pounds. Life is just not going to go back to normal it will be a new normal for me and I am so excited to be there. But I am excited about the journey and where it has brought me so far. It has brought me to a place of SELF LOVE and it has only taken me 26 years to get to this place. But I am learning that I am worthy of self love and need to love myself before someone else can really love me. I am working through this and know this till be a long journey but I am here in the midst of it and the Lord is guiding me and leading me through it and I know with his strength and grace I can work through this and come out on the other side.

Thank you for the continued love and support from all my friends and family! I could not do this without you all!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the Lord has begun great things in this journey. Thank you for your openness in sharing the process with us. It's so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete